Big Smile Ambassadors: Alma Mileksone 😊
Meet Alma Mikelsone from Paris
The Bam&Boo member since July 2018
We are extremely honored to introduce Alma as our Big Smiles Ambassador. She is a loyal member of our The Bam&Boo tribe and a role model for taking small steps in her daily life to create a more sustainable world. Follow her eco-journey here.
Slow Living is her motto and her favorite The Bam&Boo hashtag, appreciating what she has and the people around her. The first step in her eco-journey was to refuse shampoo in a plastic bottle. Alma is always excited to receive her toothbrushes in random colors with the handwritten “thank you”. And we absolutely loved her message in her native language, Latvian. Paldies jums!
1. What’s your favorite The Bam&Boo toothbrush hashtag?
My favorite one is #slowlife because for me it talks not only about eco-friendly living but also about taking the time for yourself, about not rushing and learning to appreciate the moment and the ones around us. I think that this world would be more pleasant if more people choose to live in slow and less stressful lives.
2. Share your 2020 Bucket list - Five steps to reduce your ecological footprint
- Taking the bike more often instead of the metro.
- Find a good alternative to the kitchen sponges, that would be biodegradable but also would do the job well.
- Reduce to a minimum my seafood intake or stop eating seafood completely.
- Switch to vegan cheese.
- Buy reusable coffee capsules for our coffee machine.
3. How do you feel when you receive a The Bam&Boo order?
Because my toothbrushes always come in random colors, I am excited to see which one it will be this time. Also, the handwritten “thank you” on the envelope is nice!
4. How did your eco-journey start?
My first switch was about 5 years ago when I found out that I can wash my hair with baking soda. I discovered that way my hair stays clean for a longer time (not like with a regular shampoo, when I had to wash every second day), it is also cheaper, there is no plastic bottle to throw out, my hair became thicker. That was the first thing I changed, I think, and from there it escalated further to a safety razor, menstrual cup, bamboo toothbrush, etc.
5. What’s the most difficult habit or product to let go to embrace a more sustainable lifestyle?
As I mentioned above, it has more to do with my diet, I really love cheese and fish! So it’s hard to let go of these products.
6. Send The Bam&Boo a message in your native language.
Paldies jums, par jūsu lieliskajiem un gaumīgajiem produktiem, kas man ir ļāvuši dzīvot videi draudzīgāku dzīvi! Pasaulei jau sen tas bija vajadzīgs! (Latvian)
Thank you for the great and tasteful products that have allowed me to live a greener life! The world has long needed it.
7. We’d love to hear how you have reused one of your bamboo toothbrushes.
I used it to tie up one of my plants that were otherwise falling over in its pot.
8. What book, song, movie or app do you recommend for 2020?
I would recommend the song “Rise” by Eddie Vedder, which always makes me think of the movie “Into The Wild”, and even when thinking of it, I get goosebumps. So if you haven’t seen it yet, do it.
9. What’s the quote inspiring you right now?
“The grass isn’t greener on the other side, it’s fake.” I don’t know the author, unfortunately. But this quote helps me to not compare my life with others and to just focus on appreciating what I have. #slowlife
If you’d like to be one of our Big Smile Ambassadors, just answer to this questionaire:
You may freely choose whatever question appeals to you - all, a few or just one :) Either way, we’ll be very happy for the precious time you’ve dedicated to this. And please it is very important to attach your photo with The Bam and Boo product to make us smile.